About Peirce PTO Annual Fund
Thanks to your generous support, Peirce PTO is able to provide creative enrichment programs that expand our children’s education and foster a strong sense of community through many community building events.
More specifically, last year the PTO organized:
- Grade-specific and school-wide enrichment programs – (trips to/presentations by) Discovery Museum, Museum of Science, Zoo New England, Drumlin Farm, Concord Minuteman, Plymouth Plantation and many more.
- Field Trip Transportation
- Community events – Movie Night, Bingo Night, Talent Show, International Night & Art Show
- Online subscriptions for classrooms to support reading and math
- Teacher Classroom supplies – paper towels, sanitizing wipes, tissues and more
- Financial aid for 5th Grade Science camp
In 2018–2019, Peirce PTO spent $62 per student, which is significantly lower than annual PTO spending per student in other elementary schools in Arlington:
Funds to support PTO initiatives come from a variety of sources:
- Family support of the PTO’s Annual Fund
- PTO organized fundraisers, such as the Spring Fair, Book Fair, Flamingo Flock Fundraiser event and others;
- Local and national programs such as Stop & Shop’s A+ Rewards program, Amazon Smile, Box Tops
For 2019–2020, we have set an ambitious goal to raise $15,000 through our Peirce PTO Annual Fund (45% more than prior years) as well as increase family participation by 30%. Reaching this goal will allow the PTO to increase spending per student to $108 and add more enrichment programs and events to supplement your children’s school experience.
As a public school, Peirce depends upon its wonderful teachers, administrators and families who make both time and financial contributions to ensure that our school and community have the resources necessary to support our children’s academic success. And because we are a small community, every family’s participation has an even greater impact on our school. Each gift to the Annual Fund, regardless of size, makes a difference.
To help us reach our ambitious financial goal for the year, we ask families to consider contributing $100 per current student, but please know that gifts of all sizes are appreciated as we work to increase participation. Every bit helps, so please join us and give an amount that is comfortable for your family. You can also encourage grandparents, friends & others to contribute.
Our PTO is a 501(3)(c) non-profit – so don’t forget about asking your employer for a matching gift!
Thank you in advance for your consideration, generosity and commitment! We truly appreciate your support!
Please contact Peirce PTO at email@example.com with any questions.
How To Donate
By check: please make your check payable to Peirce PTO and send it along with a completed donation form to school in your child’s folder.
Online: click the button below to donate online.
Matching Donations: Matching gifts can double—or even triple—your donation! Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by their employees. The process is simple: request a matching gift form from your employer, send it completed and signed with your donation, and we will do the rest! (Donation must be in the name of the person who is requesting the company match.) Peirce School PTO EIN (Employer Identification Number) is 043563715