Things to Do This Week:
- Sign up to bake cookies for Friday or help with decorating
- Wednesday: Attend the PTO meeting at 6:30, shop Firefly Moon from 7-9 PM
- By Thursday: Buy raffle tickets
- Friday: Decorate a cookie in the cafeteria after dismissal
- Donate pajamas, change, and coats to our charitable drives
- Donate to the Peirce PTO Annual Fund: Please make checks payable to Peirce PTO or use the button below to donate online.
- Sign up to volunteer – see below!
- Cookie decorating: We need cookies for the event on Friday and also need a few people to help out at the event. Please sign up on the volunteer page!
- Clothing for the nurse’s office: Mrs. Dalton needs gently used clothing and new underwear/socks (in all sizes, for boys and girls) that she can use when our students take a spill or have an accident. Her supply is very small and she welcomes any donations! Please bring them to her office or leave them in the school office.
- Empty Pringles cans: Ms. Coletti’s second-grade class will use these for their time capsules. Please drop them off in Room 212 or the school office.
- Castle of Chess: The chess club needs parents to supervise the club meetings; no chess experience necessary!
- Coats for Kids drive: Donate your outgrown coats; see below.
- Mrs. T is looking for costumes and accessories to borrow for the afterschool program’s production of The Wizard of Oz on December 16th. Please drop off items to Mrs. T in the library or in Room 126.
- PTO coordinators (contact Lori Pescatore if you are interested):
- Sandwich boards: Update the boards for school functions and place them in front of the building and by the driveways.
- Town Day booth: Order supplies, create volunteer signup, oversee booth.
Peirce Raffle – Deadline Extended!
The PTO is raffling off some great prizes that you can either keep for yourself, or if you are feeling the spirit wrap it up for someone on your list. The items include a Kindle Fire, FitBit, and a 50/50 raffle. Tickets will be sold at $5.00 each or 5 for $20.00, until December 12th. If you are interested please send in a check, payable to Peirce PTO, and indicate your choice of Kindle Fire, FitBit, or 50/50. For more info, contact Lori Pescatore.
Holiday Shopping Event
Shop for the holidays and benefit the PTO on December 11th, 7-9 PM, at Firefly Moon, 1305 Mass Ave, Arlington. Firefly Moon will serve fun munchies, wine, and other beverages, and will donate 15% of sales that evening to the Peirce PTO. Parking is available in the lot next to D’Agostino’s.
Pajama Drive until 12/13
Mrs. Lamont’s kindergarten class is collecting new pajamas in all sizes (newborn to adult) for the Scholastic Reading Club Great Bedtime Story Pajama Drive. Pajamas must be brand new and children’s sizes must be flame-retardant. For more information, see the flyer sent home this week.
Kindergarten Change Collection until 12/20
Join kindergarten in their drive to collect change to buy holiday presents for local families in need. We will collect change until Friday, December 20th. You can bring your change to Miss Flynn’s room and put it in our blue collection bucket.
Peirce Pride Bank
The Peirce Pride Savings Bank opened for business on Friday, November 15th. Bank hours are 7:45-8:15 AM on Fridays that school is in session, and whether you are an existing customer or new to the bank, we look forward to seeing you all.
To open an account with the bank, please complete the application form and have your child bring it to the bank on any Friday. The minimum amount to open an account is $1.
Registration is now open for parent/teacher conferences. Instructions are available; if you have two or more children at Peirce, there are special instructions for signing up. Conferences will be held:
- Tuesday, December 10th, 11:55 AM – 3:30 PM
- Thursday, December 12th, 6-8 PM
No Lunch on Conference Early Release Days
Please note that lunch will not be served on Tuesday, December 10th; students are released at 11:15 AM. Also, box lunches will not be available (this is a change from previous years).
Coats for Kids Drive
As the weather turns colder and you are taking out your family’s winter coats, please consider donating any outgrown WINTER COATS. We will be collecting winter coats in all sizes for both KIDS and ADULTS at Peirce as part of the Coats for Kids effort sponsored by Anton’s Cleaners. Coats will be collected from November 13 until January 11. A collection bin is next to the office by the main entrance. All the coats collected will be brought to Anton’s Cleaners to be cleaned and distributed to community agencies who will get the coats to those in need. Any questions, please email Jessica Callaghan. THANK YOU!
Coats that are accepted:
- Warm, winter jackets in all sizes – youth and adult
- Gently used; coats that you would give a friend
- Coats with rips, broken zippers, or permanent stains
- Vests, spring coats, raincoats, sweatshirts
Castle of Chess
The Castle of Chess is at its full capacity of 32 students: 12 Beginner, 12 Regular, and 8 Advanced. If you would like to place your child on the wait list for any of the sessions, please feel free to submit the forms to the office at any time. There are plenty of volunteer slots open as well!
Contact Brian Epstein with any questions.