Things to Do This Week:
- Come to the PTO meeting on Wednesday at 6:30 in the library
- Submit your entry for the Art Show by this Friday, 3/14
- Check the lost and found area near the music room – items will be donated to charity in June
- Art Show and International Festival (see below)
- Gently used clothing in all sizes for the nurse’s office. Please bring them to Mrs. Dalton’s office.
- Empty Pringles cans for 2nd grade time capsules. Please drop them off in Room 212 or the school office.
March 21 – Annual Community Art Show
Held in the cafeteria and lower lobby, this show exhibits works of art from the Peirce community, including paintings, drawings, sculpture, knitting, and short digital movies. The deadline for submissions is this Friday, 3/14. We also need some help:
- We are looking for volunteers to help with the show! You can sign up for as little as one hour. No prior “art show” experience required. We just need Peirce parents with a love of art! Please help make this annual event a success by signing up on our volunteer page.
- We are also seeking a parent who is Technically Savvy. Know anyone? Please send Emily Crandall an email to donate your time and expertise.
March 31 – Castle of Chess Awards Ceremony and Simultaneous Exhibition
Join us in the cafeteria for the awards ceremony at 2:25 PM, followed by a simultaneous exhibition where Brian Epstein will play all comers – all Peirce students, parents, and staff are welcome! Contact: Brian Epstein
April 11 – International Festival
We’ll need your assistance! Help us celebrate world cultures, especially the cultures reflected in the Peirce community. The theme for this year’s festival is “Fun and Games Around the World,” and it will be showcased in three different arenas.
- The Fun and Games Room (open 6 PM): We’ll fill the gym with tables where kids and families can engage with games, activities, sports that highlight a particular culture, country or region. If you’re interested in sponsoring a table or volunteering at a table, please contact Cris Martin.
- Cultural Performances (beginning 7 PM): We’re looking for 5-6 acts to perform in the cafetorium–dance, sing, perform martial arts–represent your culture or country through any kind of artform! If you’re interested in performing, please contact Dorothy Schuette.
- Sweet Feast (post-performance): If you’re interested in contributing baked goods that highlight your family’s culinary tradition or volunteering at the dessert table, please contact Vicky Boursiquot.
Have other (better?) ideas? Want to help, but not sure how? Contact Dorothy by Friday, March 14.