Things to Do This Week
- Visit our online book fair
- Register for a table at the Holiday Craft Fair
- Sign up your student for Castle of Chess (and sign up to volunteer)
- Send in your spare change for the kindergarten’s Annual Change Collection
- Scholastic Book Fair Success: A big thanks to Jessica Callaghan for all her hard work in running another great book fair. Thank you also to the many volunteers from the setup and cleanup crew to the cashiers, we truly appreciate your time and effort. Also congrats to all the winners of the One for Books Raffle and the candy jar guess – this is such an amazing tradition we have here at the Peirce School.
- Thanks to Anne Dixon and all her helpers for a fun pumpkin decorating!
- Thanks to Dorothy Schuette and the volunteers who helped with the Fall School Grounds Clean-Up!
- Thanks to everyone who helped out at the Bottle Rockets event!
Online Book Fair
If you missed our Scholastic Book Fair last week or we sold out of some books you would like, please visit our online book fair at this link. The online fair is available until Nov. 1. The books will be shipped to Peirce so there are no shipping costs.
Call for Vendors: Holiday Craft Fair
Our third annual Holiday Craft Fair is coming up on November 15th! If you would like to register for a table, please download the registration form and return the form and payment to the PTO mailbox in the office. All forms and payment must be received by November 1. Registration for adult vendors is $35 and for 1/2 tables for student vendors is $10.
11/7 Lantern Walk
On Friday, November 7, 2014 we would like to invite each Peirce family to join us after sunset for a moonlit lantern walk! Families will assemble at the Peirce basketball courts at 6:00pm and begin a lantern lit procession toward McClennen Park. Once at McClennen, we will follow the path around the pond before heading back toward Peirce or home.
More information will be distributed by room parents in the coming weeks, and each student will be provided with a basic lantern kit including a white paper bag and an LED tea light. Simply put the the LED tea light into the paper bag provided and fold the bag closed. We encourage you to help your child decorate the lantern further, and make lanterns for the rest of your family.
11/17 Castle of Chess Begins
The Peirce School Chess Club – the “Castle of Chess” meets every Monday when school is in session, beginning November 17th and ending March 23rd. Beginner, Regular, and Advanced sessions are offered. Registration forms are due by Friday, November 8th. For more information and to register, download the Chess Club Form. The club also needs volunteers to help sessions run smoothly.
Annual Change Collection – through December 12
The kindergarten is hosting their annual change collection to buy holiday presents for local less fortunate families-last year we raised $170 and are hoping to top that this year with everyone’s help! Please send any spare change down to Mrs. Lloyd’s room, Room 118 (or you can just dump your change into the blue bucket with the sign on it right inside our classroom under the mailbox table). We will be collecting change up until Friday, December 12th-Thank you!